Small business and e commerce owners know, there are an overwhelming number options for shipping. FedEx, UPS, USPS, Canada Post, CanPar, and TNT, to name just a few – and that’s just the big guys! So much selection can make buying shipping labels an arduous task.
Finding the best price for shipping makes all the difference for small and medium sized businesses, where every dollar counts. With a plethora of factors influencing the costs of shipping, getting the best rate isn’t as simple as picking one shipping company and printing shipping labels. As the shipping rates fluctuate so often, no one service is consistently the best.
In addition to the standard shipping variables of size, weight, distance, and shipping time, here are a few of the variable factors that can influence shipping rates:
- Customs: For international shipping the customs charges for each country are varied and subject to change. The rules of each country’s customs laws can also affect what can be shipped and can result in items being delayed or withheld.
- Taxes: Any changes to taxation in shipping, transportation, or sales -domestic or abroad – will affect shipping costs.
- Congestion Charges: If a port or shipping bay becomes too congested, express items will pay a premium to get shipped out on time.
- Currency Adjustments: For international shipments currency adjustments and fluctuates can turn out to be a blessing or a curse, depending of course on which way they fluctuate.
- Date of Shipping: In a busy shipping season, like Christmas, the cost of shipping can skyrocket, keeping up to date with day-to-date rate changes can make a huge difference in profits over a holiday season.
- Insurance: The type of product being shipped will have a big impact on insurance costs. Fragile items are, of course, more expensive to ship and insure.
These are all things that have to be monitored on a consistent basis if you are creating shipping strategies and comparing shipping rates manually. Every service will vary throughout time and just printing shipping labels from the same company every time is gambling with your business’ bottom line.
Sounds tedious. There has to be a better way.
Comparing shipping rates used to require constant manual monitoring of shipping rates, and hoping all the information you were getting was up to date. It took up a disproportionate amount of time, was stressful, and a gamble.
But that, was shipping without ShipGooder. Today, things are brighter.
Search. Ship. Save. It isn’t our slogan, it’s our philosophy. Designed by people familiar with the hassle of trying to figure out the best shipping rates, ShipGooder was built to be easy, straightforward, and accurate.
The ShipGooder calculator offers up to date shipping rates from North America’s most trusted shipping companies. It continually updates with real time prices and estimates, so you receive shipping quotes that are immediate and accurate. This allows e commerce and small businesses to find the best prices from the top shipping companies in Canada and the United States.
The whole shipping process is streamlined by setting up shipments through ShipGooder. Straight from the results in the shipping calculator, you can buy and print custom shipping labels for your merchandise. Even after the items have shipped out, ShipGooder continues to make things easy to monitor with their multi-shipper package tracking.
We know actions speak louder than words, so we urge you to try our service out. Try out ShipGooder today through our fast and free registration. While you’re at it, you may as well refer a friend to get 5% off your next order!