The biggest challenge that eCommerce store owners face is increasing sales. Knowing where to start and how to stand out from thousands of other online shops that are competing for the same customers is a daunting task.
In this post, we are sharing four simples steps to help boost your online sales.
One of the most cost effective ways to grow your social communities overtime is to post content consistently. However, with the recent change to Facebook’s algorithm, a brand without an advertising budget won’t get much visibility. However, like any social media site, Facebook isn’t meant for hard selling. The minute you try to sell your product or brag how great you are is the minute you will turn off potential customers. The ultimate goal of all your social media efforts is, of course, to sell stuff and make money. Social media can be the first step in a multistep process: Get more cooking recipe subscribers via Facebook to sell your hot sauce, for instance.
Create a sense of urgency in your copy
We are procrastinators. We like to wait until a deadline is forced on us to get things done. Online shoppers are the same. If you give them time to think, they will delay making a purchase until they forget about the initial purchase.
Here are a few tips to increase a sense of urgency and increase sales right away.
- Set a deadline for all your discounts.
- Create a sense of scarcity such as stock scarcity and size scarcity.
- Showcase how many people have viewed your products which perceptually means your products are in demand.
- Limited-time free shipping.
- Reinforce the urgency on the cart page such as “Only 2”
- Limited-time discount on abandoned cart items.
Create great content
If you want to increase your online sales, you will need to get more people to visit your online store. If you are looking for a way to separate your online store from the others, you should consider writing a blog aimed at the type of customers you are selling your products to.
There are three reasons that great content will increase your ecommerce sales:
- Great content helps you to succeed in SEO, from keyword research to content creation to content distribution. If you can get your content right, you have created a solid foundation to support all your other SEO efforts.
- Helpful, educational or entertaining content such as “how to guides” and video tutorials that can gain trust from your potential customers. This will help them make a purchase decision.
- Great content gets shared. Consumers share products, blog posts, funny videos and inspirational images because they want to. You want your brand and your products to be exposed to as many potential customers as possible. And it is the most cost effective way to drive traffic to your site.
However, before you get started, you should know that the secret to effective content marketing is: If people know you are hard selling to them, you are doing it wrong.
If you are not using online retail technologies, you may be missing out on big savings. Here are the top three productivity tools that will help you grow online sales and save costs.
- Point of Sales software
An online POS system helps you manage online stores in a single place. It works on any device. This means you can run multiple online stores anytime, anywhere.
- Accounting software
There is no one accounting software that is best across the board for all online retailers. It depends on your accounting needs, the level of skills, and price point. Therefore, a comparison sheet will help you understand the capabilities, price, and ratings.
Shipping is the backbone of an online retail operation. If you can do it better, all yourself, you can save and improve your margins.
Much depends on the kind of products you sell and the weight of the items you ship. There is no one size fits all solution. It’s well worth the time to do research before jumping into any shipping plan.
We have compared all major carriers’ rates and services. You can also check out sites like ShipGooder.com that will do comparison shopping for you. It will gather size, weight and location information to calculate the cheapest or fastest way to send packages.
What’s the one technique you have been using to increase your online sales?
We always want to learn new hacks. So feel free to drop a line in the comment below.